Extension of Professional Accomplishments
Casino Table Games Dealer; Seven Cedars Casino, Sequim, WA, 1994-1996
· Provided superior face to face guest centered service in a fast paced, commercially driven environment.
· Succeeded in accurately dealing Craps, Roulette and Blackjack – games involving rapid transfers of money.
· Sought by guests due to friendly, consistently accurate, and prompt service.
· Performed all duties/tasks according to procedure with strong attention to detail.
· Demonstrated superior communication skills with guests, staff and management.
· Cooperated with team to ensure enhanced gaming experience for guests.
· Calculated payoffs in micro seconds using strong math skills.
· Handled buy in/cash out transactions accurately and efficiently.
· Maintained professional, cheerful, and enthusiastic attitude.
· Accommodated peers and shift manager regarding shift changes and overtime; flexible.
Office Assistant; College of Forest Resources, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 1994
· Provided key support services to grants coordinator.
· Typed grant proposal letters critical to funding utilizing proofreading and strong grammatical skills.
· Compiled grant opportunities into a database utilizing strong attention to detail.
· Performed research and classification using the USDA Current Research Information System.
· Learned complicated information quickly.
· Maintained filing system so that staff and graduate students had ready access to grants.
· Prioritized, organized and multitasked in a conscientious manner.
· Performed administrative support functions such as mail sorting/routing, Dictaphone translation, photo-copying, answering/routing phone calls, and errand running with a positive attitude.
Retail Sales Associate, Fashion, The Limited, Seattle, WA, 1988-1989
· Achieved sales award for most accessories sold.
· Succeeded in meeting and exceeding sales goals utilizing excellent guest centered selling approach.
· Increased store sales by up selling and providing superior guest assistance.
· Demonstrated superior communication skills with guests.
· Greeted and assisted guests maximizing their shopping experience.
· Recommended, selected, and located merchandise determined by guests' buying needs.
· Described merchandise and explained styling capabilities and care to guests.
· Assisted guests with purchasing decisions giving honest outfit appraisal and suggesting alternatives.
· Maintained and communicated strong knowledge of products, sales, promotions and special offers. *
· Explained layaway exchange and return policies.
· Cooperated with team to ensure coverage of sales floor.
· Cashiered an efficient and friendly sales closure experience for the guests.
· Folded, wrapped, and packaged guest purchases with genuine consideration and care.
· Received letter of commendation from an exceptionally satisfied guest.
· Arranged window and in-store displays to promote and maximize weekly sales.
· Ensured that products were available to guests and presented according to boutique store standards.
· Organized accessories and neatly pressed or folded garments ensuring they were sized appropriately.
· Shared tasks with sales team to ensure store appearance neat and clean at all times.
· Maintained cheerful and enthusiastic attitude with sales team and management.
· Collaborated with sales team and management to ensure daily sales goals were reached or exceeded.
Retail Sales Associate, Burien Special Foods, Inc, Health and Beauty, Burien, WA, 1987-1988
· Greeted and assisted guests to their satisfaction with health and beauty merchandise selection and purchase.
· Promoted to selling Bare Escentuals cosmetics including product demonstrations.
· Explained health food merchandise and various potential uses to guests.
· Communicated sales, promotions and special offers to guests in a cheerful manner.
· Learned importance of repeat business and strong guest relationships.
· Cashiered transactions accurately in a warm and friendly manner.
· Ensured all merchandise was priced, stocked, organized and attractively displayed.
· Researched and retained complicated product knowledge.
· Collaborated enthusiastically and cooperatively with sales team and management to complete tasks.
· Promoted from stock clerk to retail associate.
· Developed knowledge of basic retail concepts.
· Received store inventory and verified accuracy of invoice.
· Stocked merchandise in correct locations throughout store.
· Priced merchandise in accurate manner using pricing tool.
· Maintained clean store appearance at all times.
What I offer is the ability to quickly learn new tasks, written/verbal communication skills, teamwork, adaptability and customer centered sales and service skills. I feel exceeding expectations, constantly improving, staying busy, and maintaining a positive attitude are essential workplace qualities that I can deliver.
I have work experience performing basic office functions and with over ten years of customer service experience in various positions, including sales, I understand the value of excellent communication, teamwork and a positive attitude.
Exceptional guest centered service, the customer comes first.
Communication, goals are reached when everyone has the same sheet of music
Teamwork, reaching goals in harmony and cooperation